For the makeup:
1. Apply a primer to your eyelids. I like to use Soft Ochre by MAC but what ever you have will do!
2. Next apply a gel eyeliner to your upper lash line and lower water line with an angled eyeliner brush. I am using Maybeline gel liner and an elf angled eyeliner brush.
3. Now use a dark grey eyeshadow and apply it to the outer "V" (or outer corner of your eye). I am using Nehru by MAC.
4. Next I am using this very shimmery-sparkly silver color and applying it all over my eye lids (Its New Years have fun with the sparkles!!) This will help blend out the dark grey eyeshadow and will also make the liner a little less harsh.
7. Now apply a non-water proof mascara. I am using the Loreal Voluminous Mascara (in black). Then for that false lashed look, use a water proof mascara over the none water proof mascara. I am using the Loreal Telescopic explosion (in black.)
9. Apply a neutral shade of pink for blush. I like MAC's blush in Dame but any light pink will do.
10. For some shine on your lips apple MAC's Dazzleglass in Bare Necessity. (Like I said, don't be afraid to add some sparkles!!)
11. To finish off the look use a makeup setting spray to keep your makeup in place. I like MAC fix plus but I heard Urban Decay has one called something like "Up All Night".
I chose a more casual outfit for this New Years! It is perfect for cold weather because where I live it is really cold. If you are going to hang out with friends, family or even family friends!
Shirt: Lord and Taylor
Leggings: TJ MAXX
Boots: Nine West
Bracelet and watch: Forever 21
Studded Bracelet: OASAP.com
For my hair I will actually curl it using the clip-less curling iron that is made a post on a while back. To check it out click on the link: http://camigmakeup4u2c.blogspot.com/2012/04/how-i-curl-my-hair.html . My hair takes a while to curl so for this special occasion I thought I would curl it!
OMG you guys!! Have you seen OPI James Bond Collection? If you did and you know my obsession of sparkles for New Years, can you guess what color I painted my nails? ..... Its called The Living Daylights and I absolutely LOVE it! This color it does require about 3-4 coats because it is glitter but it is worth it! (If you don't want as much glitter you can apply this color as an accent color only to your ring finger over either a dark color or a light pink or beige.)
I hope you all enjoyed my New Years Makeup, Outfit Ideas, Hair, and Nails. Let me know in the comments what you think!
P.S. So sorry that this post is last minute but hey... better late than never right?!